Full-Time Data Tools Engineer – Boston
Data tools engineer
Our Flourishing Data ManagementAnalytics client is rapidly growing and an innovative software company, which is adding talented people to its team. Our firm is committed to providing financial services firms with the tools necessary to intuitively access and analyzes all relevant portfolio information through a unified platform.
About This Opportunity
Core functionalities are data management, analytics, insights, and reporting. Therefore, data is the cornerstone of what we do. We want someone who loves rolling up their sleeves and getting into the details of the entire data pipeline. You will see the data flow through to the presentation layer where it is shown in an easy to digest manner.
Your core responsibility will be to build scalable, robust tools for the entire data pipeline – from receiving the data to transforming it, storing it efficiently and allowing easy access. There are new and interesting challenges every day: you’ll get data from various sources, find new and interesting quirks to the data and be wrangling different formats that need to be normalized.
A good fit for our team is someone who can adapt and contribute to different areas of the system depending on the need. Getting your hands dirty and being willing to dig into a new problem is both critical to do the job well and what keeps it interesting. Our Software is developed using both static and dynamic languages, combining the best of the open source world with custom developed solutions for domain specific problems.
- Design, build and document (or find and use) scalable, robust tools to manage and store data
- Interact with outside data vendors to create file formats that contain the data we need
- Migrate and optimize existing data processing to updated formats
- Provide transparency on the state of the data processing workflow
- Implement automated testing on existing and new components
- Track down differences between data sets that should tie out and create tooling to automate it
- BA/BS degree
- 5 to 10 years of experience
- Self-motivated, strong work ethic and interest in working in a small business environment
- Python expertise is preferred, however, expertise in other scripting languages may be considered
- Experience with Pandas is a plus
- Strong desire to automate, and dislike of doing things manually
- Positive attitude
- Strong communication skills necessary to interact both internally and externally with clients
- Knowledge of financial data such as Bloomberg, Morningstar, or FactSet is a plus
939 total views, 1 today