Full-Time Database / BI Engineer Learn Hadoop
Reporting under the Enterprise Information Management group the Senior Business Intelligence Analytics & Reporting Engineer is responsible for defining and implementing Business Intelligence strategies including management of BI platforms, dashboard development, data visualizations and self-serve reporting frameworks. The company has made significant strategic investments in its Enterprise Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence platforms and is looking for a talented individual to help support our growing demand.
Major Responsibilities, Duties, and Accountability:
- Architect, design and develop all aspects of our Business Intelligence (BI) platforms. This includes BI Tool Suites, strategy, architecture, detailed design, environments configuration/customization, deployment model, delivery of enterprise reporting, etc.
- Provide best practices and industry standards to guide Business Intelligence strategies development and ensure a consistent design and/or approach for analytics across the business areas.
- Actively engage with the business to help solidify business requirements and user experience. This includes self-serve BI, dashboards, enterprise report delivery, ad-hoc reporting and detailed/advanced analytics. Different business user community/roles included advanced analytics to self-service reports to senior management dashboards.
- Ability to understand business needs around customer segmentation, banding, sales lift, etc., and creatively prototype and propose solutions to the business with a unified strategy and vision.
- Collaboratively work with the data warehouse and ETL teams to help maintain logical and physical data models.
- Perform data analysis end-to-end and identify data gaps.
- Ability to execute and deliver end-to-end with project management skills and to deliver all projects in a timely manner with quality results.
- Advanced understanding of software development life cycle, methodologies, and standards. Work with the rest of the BI team to help build in better efficiencies and automation to help aid in adhering to disciplined development practices, release management, documentation, change management, issue tracking, maintain SLA, business continuity planning, etc.
- Lead collaboration with end users, project stakeholders, and partners to identify needs, goals and business models.
- Provide appropriate training, mentoring and support for Tableau and other BI tools to analysts and business users. Facilitate communication upward and across project teams.
- Understand the business and apply business knowledge to identify opportunities to use data to drive enhanced business decision making and promote insight-driven culture.
- 3+ years of hands-on Tableau experience, and deep knowledge and expertise of Tableau Desktop and Tableau server with extensive development and implementation experience with data sources, extracts, workbooks, and dashboards.
- 6+ years of hands-on experience with Business Objects or a similar BI tool (IBM Cognos, Oracle OBIEE) with extensive data foundation, the universe and report development.
- Advanced SQL skills and a solid understanding of data warehousing concepts.
- Hands on experience in report/dashboard performance tuning.
- Demonstrated experience in creating reusable templates and frameworks used to support self-serve reporting and dashboarding with the above tools. Fine-tuning and enhancing reports and dashboards developed by business.
- Demonstrated experience with working with data visualizations including best practices and knowledge of other visualization tools.
- Demonstrated experience in analyzing functional and non-functional requirements and ability to translate to BI subject areas.
- Demonstrated experience in data modeling, analysis, design, development, testing, and implementation.
- Demonstrated experience in customer support in BI areas.
- Self-Motivated, positive, team player who is a fast learner and is passionate about data and in all the various ways to consume, model, visualize, analyze, and represent it.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related fields.
- Experience with sales and marketing data sets as it relates to financial services.
- Construction and maintenance of a variety of predictive models (lead scoring, look-a-like, retention, and other customized predictive models)
- Working knowledge of NoSQL/Hadoop/Spark platforms and advanced analytics.
- Working knowledge of cloud technologies and BI platforms on the cloud.
858 total views, 1 today