Full-Time IBMi Series Customer Applications – REMOTE
IBMi Series Customer Applications –
Confidential Dallas, Texas, United States (Remote)
We specialize in Cloud Services and Virtualization, Networking and Security, Storage and Archiving, and Business Continuity. We combine our technology reach with a combination of professional services, design, maintenance, and managed services, to deliver impartial technology solutions for our diverse clients.
NOTE : Applicants can be anywhere in the U.S Work is Totally Remote
This position involves the day-to-day Customer Management of IBM Power hardware / software footprint, implementation of specialized software and customer solutions, system integrations/transitions, troubleshooting customer environments, and reviewing/recommending systems designs and implementations for both pre-sales and post-sales deployment of customers hosted and disaster recovery systems within a multi-tenant/Managed Service provider environment.
Essential Job Functions
- Architecture and implementation of redundant IBMi series HMC, LPM, HACMP clusters
- System administration and security of HMCs
- Administration of environment components including security controls, TCP/IP, BRMS, Job control, performance and capacity planning, system updates, and license management
- Provisioning and management of external storage and IBM Tivoli Storage Manager
- Understanding of Power System technology and platform design
- Implementation and design of disaster recovery / high availability strategies for IBM Power systems
- Operation of tape management solutions, including physical and virtual tape libraries
- Develop processes and documentation regarding setup and failover for customers
- Responsible for vetting changes prior to submission and consideration into the Change Management process
- Purchase Requests & Justifications — new platforms, HW, SW, Licensing increases, etc.
- Capacity management, planning, analysis and reporting across the multi-tenant Power System platform
- Perform platform-specific technical tasks including operating system upgrades, installation and configuration of various software packages, installation of patches and fixes (PTFs)
- Perform problem analysis, documentation, root-cause analysis, and create incident reports for complex system environments
- Maintain and develop security solutions, application systems, authentication and directory services to ensure the security of servers and confidential data.
- Experience with IBMi / iSeries Desired including design, creation, execution of custom CL scripts for automation as/where needed
- Adhere to company and IT policies
- 8+ years of technology experience with IBM Power,
- Experience in including experience with troubleshooting and maintenance of environments running the IBMi operating systems on power-based hardware
- 3+ years in a dedicated security role (Privileged Access Remediation, Object Level Security, IFS Security, Group Profiles, Authorization Lists, Security System Values)
- Deep knowledge of LPAR virtualization, LACP, SEA, vSCSI, SR-IOV
- Strong understanding of ITIL and ITSM methodologies and processes
- Ability to work in a fast passed, dynamic environment
- Strong communication, writing, and presentation skills desired
- Experience with hardware management console and LPAR configuration.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
- Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science,
- Understanding of Data Center Operations and Infrastructure Design desired
- Base Compensation and Bonus Remote Role
- Please Forward resume to Bleary@attainsearch.com
222 total views, 2 today