Full-Time IBMi Series VIOS Systems Solutions – WILL RELOCATE
IBMi Series VIOS Systems Solutions – WILL RELOCATE
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Our growth is fueled by our focus on bringing together technology, services, and engineering expertise to simplify and improve the business operations of our clients. We specialize in Cloud Services and Virtualization, Networking and Security, Storage and Archiving, and Business Continuity. We combine our technology reach with a combination of professional services, design, maintenance, and managed services, to deliver impartial technology solutions for our diverse clients.
This position involves the day-to-day management of IBM Power hardware / software footprint, implementation of specialized software and customer solutions, system integrations/transitions, troubleshooting customer environments, and reviewing/recommending systems designs and implementations for both pre-sales and post-sales deployment of customers hosted and disaster recovery systems within a multi-tenant/Managed Service provider environment.
Essential Job Functions
- Experience with IBMi / iSeries design, creation, execution of custom CL scripts for automation as/where needed
- Architecture and implementation of redundant VIOS, HMC, LPM, HACMP clusters
- System administration and security of HMCs and VIOS
- Administration of environment components including security controls, TCP/IP, BRMS, Job control, performance and capacity planning, system updates, and license management
- Provisioning and management of external storage and IBM Tivoli Storage Manager
- Understanding of Power System technology and platform design
- Implementation and design of disaster recovery / high availability strategies for IBM Power systems
- Operation of tape management solutions, including physical and virtual tape libraries
- Develop processes and documentation regarding setup and failover for customers
- Responsible for vetting changes prior to submission and consideration into the Change Management process
- Purchase Requests & Justifications — new platforms, HW, SW, Licensing increases, etc.
- Capacity management, planning, analysis and reporting across the multi-tenant Power System platform
- Perform platform-specific technical tasks including operating system upgrades, installation and configuration of various software packages, installation of patches and fixes (PTFs)
- Perform problem analysis, documentation, root-cause analysis, and create incident reports for complex system environments
- Maintain and develop security solutions, application systems, authentication and directory services to ensure the security of servers and confidential data.
- Adhere to company and IT policies
- 2 + Years of technology experience with IBM Power, VIOS administration
- 4+ years of relevant experience in IBM i administration, including experience with troubleshooting and maintenance of environments running the IBMi operating systems on power-based hardware
- 3+ years in a dedicated security role (Privileged Access Remediation, Object Level Security, IFS Security, Group Profiles, Authorization Lists, Security System Values)
- Deep knowledge of LPAR virtualization, LACP, SEA, vSCSI, SR-IOV
- Strong understanding of ITIL and ITSM methodologies and processes
- Ability to work in a fast passed, dynamic environment
- Strong communication, writing, and presentation skills desired
- Experience with hardware management console and LPAR configuration.
- Preferred Qualifications / : NOTES
- IBMi and VIOS.
- Understanding of Data Center Operations and Infrastructure Design desired
- Knowledge or understanding of IBM i virtualized environments
- Base Compensation and Bonus
- Please Forward resume to Bleary@attainsearch.com
882 total views, 1 today