Mid Level Python Backend – remote
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer with strong backend/python experience to join a new startup bringing the power of cutting-edge AI to small and medium-sized businesses allowing them to compete with much larger brands online!
Their AI-powered mobile shopping experience addresses the problem of how shopping is still difficult on a mobile phone. Currently 70% of web traffic happens on mobile devices but 70% of checkouts still occur on a desktop!
They have proven that their product removes the friction of shopping on mobile devices, and allows mobile conversion match desktop conversion rates! They are onto something big, and now they need to scale.
They have an outstanding leadership team with years of relevant industry experience and experience with deep learning-based technology. This is a remote role and the team is distributed across Eastern and Central time zones and periodically get together in person.
- You enjoy working as part of a talented, fast moving team and knowing that your work has a real impact.
- You love writing great code and can deal with refactoring messy code. You understand that sometimes a start-up needs to deliver functionality to the end user with code that isn’t super pretty initially.
- You are a great team player and collaborate well with other team members.
- Python 3.x
- Reinforcement learning or machine learning architectures
- Modern database
- AWS or GCP
- Nice to have FE experience: React, Node.js, HTML5
- Have the ability to be mentored by outstanding software engineers, machine learning engineers, and product leads to help develop the product for end-users.
- Work in an agile environment, rapidly delivering shippable features into production.
- Learn to understand and empathize with customers who are awesome entrepreneurs growing small and medium-sized businesses in their communities.
- Ask for help when you need it, make progress when you don’t, and learn how to tell the difference.
Packages include comprehensive healthcare (including dental and vision), remote workspace cash benefit, 401k plan, and stock options.
Mid-senior level Python role, start-up, remote, 5-10 years experience, US citizen or green card holder, 130-160K. Backend Python and cloud experience
431 total views, 1 today