Full-Time Senior Data Base Administrator – Burlington
Senior Database Administrator
Confidential Burlington, Massachusetts, United States (Hybrid)
Digital Manufacturing · Burlington, Massachusetts
Our Client builds and operates advanced digital infrastructure enabling the world’s critical industries to innovate, grow, and deliver sustainable impact. We are a team of leading technology and operational experts with decades of experience in advanced manufacturing, materials, automation, and robotics. We continuously seek contributors who demonstrate outstanding integrity, intelligence, accountability, and a passion for learning. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
As the Database Administrator in our Headquarters, and R&D Center, your role is to design, deploy and maintain database systems to enable efficient data analytics and create a fully traceable and scalable digital thread for our operation.
You will be reporting to the Senior Database Architect. You will explore the frontiers of Digital Manufacturing and industry 4.0 and administrate the data-pipeline architecture for our interconnected machines and process monitoring.
Your goal will be to ensure that the data is easily accessible to internal stakeholders. Candidates having the following experiences are directly applicable to this opportunity;
Database administration, troubleshooting, performance optimization, SQL programming language, and database design and management.
Our ideal applicant has a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a relevant field and several years of database administration experience.
- Perform PostGres DB & SQL Server database administration
- Develop, monitor, maintain, and improve database system to ensure its high availability and performance
- Provide on-call remote support for critical databases when they hit performance issues
- Work with relevant stakeholders to set up new databases to support applications such as data ingestion, analytic services, and data dashboards
- Understand Security and implement database security processes
- Troubleshoot and Tuning slow running processes both at OS level and DB level
- Develop database objects – stored procedures, functions, views
- Develop and maintain documentation for databases
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or relevant field
- Proficient in SQL language
- Deep knowledge of PostgreSQL and Microsoft SQL Server and one or more NoSQL databases (e.g., MongoDB, Azure Cosmos DB, Cassandra, Elasticsearch)
- Understanding of Clustering, Disaster Recovery, and High Availability
- Knowledge of basic database administration, Availability Group, Failover Clustering, Security provisioning
- 2+ years of hands-on experience as a Database Administrator or similar role
- Experience with maintaining both on-prem and cloud-based database systems in a manufacturing setting
- Proficient in configuring backups and maintenance activities like statistics updates and index rebuild
- Demonstrated attention to detail and a strong desire to take work from concept to completion
- Strong sense of ownership
- Team player with excellent communication skills
- Excited about taking on new challenges in the metal additive manufacturing industry and working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Self-motivated, hands-on, with a practical mindset, and capable of setting and reaching ambitious goals
- You must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S.,
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance are available to you starting on your first day of employment
- Generous time off package including vacation PTO, sick PTO, and 11 company-paid federal holidays
- 401(k) with company match and stock options
103 total views, 1 today