The Software Architect is Our SSO Healthcare Analytics Client’s most distinguished level of engineer and represents a highly experienced and skilled specialist in their field. This specific role will be focused on application architecture for server andour cloud application layer, so significant cloud-based development is amust. As a secondary area, the architect will also cover our mobile (iOS,Android) technology stack Key areas are:
- APIs and Microservices written by our applications teams, built on top of our cloud platform
- Browser-based and common user interfaces
- Cloud partner integrations (e.g. Microsoft Azure AD, AWS, Google)
- A set of mobile applications (Android, iOS) for authentication and single-sign on
The Architect spends most of their time researching, designing and solutioning our software. The architect works with project teams and our cloud platform to assure that ourdesign for cloud applications is appropriate. Additionally, this role is responsible for the review and support of software design and implementation submitted by our engineers. The Architect also writes complex code situationally, and/or works with engineers to support their hands-on development.
The qualified candidate will work as a member of the software development team focused on the most interesting and challenging architecture and software design of our products.The Software Architect validates solutions for complex problems that address key business concerns, provides technical thought leadership for the development of new products or methods. This person is typically responsible for technical leadership of projects of significant size and impact to the product. Advanced training and specialized experience in relevant technologies is required, as well as leadership ability.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Architects complex enterprise software systems and components.
- Contributes to the development of new theories and methods (some patentable).
- Advocates for new technologies and performs research and selection as needed.
- Employs expertise as a deep specialist. Applies expert knowledge and skills to complete specialized tasks.
- Performs regular reviews of the designs and proposed architectures of other engineers.
- Performs code reviews.
- Coaches and mentors other engineers.
- Develops complex code, especially on our endpoint/agent software. Creates unit and functional automated tests.
- Drives automated testing and acts as an evangelist in that area.
- Leads and documents best practices for engineering.
Assist with, troubleshoot, andresolve the most complex of our customer issues—many involving integrations and/or infrastructure.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s in Computer Science or related degree. Master’s or advanced degree preferred.
- 15+ year’s development experience in a progressive technical leadership role.
- Strong leadership and soft skills are a must, including:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact well with both internal teams and external customers and partners.
- The ability to develop and lead consensus on complex proposals within engineering groups, as well as with other teams and outside partners.
- The ability to assess and plan, from discovery stages through delivery.
- The ability to work with senior product management on strategic initiatives that have architectural aspects.
- Capability and comfort in presenting to executive-level staff.
- Technical qualifications:
- Cloud-based application development experience with microservices, with a strong preference for implementing end-user workflows and applications.
- Working experience with one or more major cloud platforms (AWS, Google)
- Working knowledge of Java, JSON, RESTful Web APIs, JDBC, Modern web frameworks (Angular, React)
- Working knowledge of Java open source frameworks (e.g. Spring, Hibernate)
- Experience with relational databases, data storage and principles.
- Advanced understanding of PKI and software security principles, design and implementation. Encryption of data in motion and at rest.
- Advanced experienced with multi-tenant enterprise systems, including cloud.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact well with internal teams as needed.
- Understanding of authentication concepts, with multi-factor being desirable.
- Experience building software that is robust, reliable and capable of providing high performance under heavy load
- The following are not required but are a plus:
- Working knowledge of standards-based authentication (SAML/OIDC).
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory and/or LDAP.
- Experience with FIDO or similar authentication standards.