Full-Time Sr Manager DevOps Leader – Remote
Sr Manager DevOps – Remote
Do You Like Leading , Mentoring and Guiding Talented DevOps Engineers-
We have a client for you
We Seek a Talented hands on Leader who will help lead the way for our fast-growing DevOps team. The ideal Manager of DevOps engineer’s will bring their 3+ years Leadership hands on experience, best practices, and setting technical direction and a collaborative attitude to help drive DevOps initiatives. A successful candidate must be able to effectively communicate with multiple teams and stakeholders to orchestrate the creation of solutions that can scale. Responsibilities include providing support to multiple engineering teams as well as contributing to the development of internal tools and practices to build a scalable and operationally efficient platform. As one of the initial team members, this position has a potential long-term leadership role for the right candidate.
- Propose, scope, design, and implement various infrastructure architectures
- Work collaboratively with multiple agile teams to help deliver end-to-end products and features, seeing them through from conception to delivery
- Collaborate with stakeholders to propose and execute on a DevOps roadmap
- Strengthen our application and environment security, applying standards and best practices and providing tooling to make development workflows more secure
- Increase the sophistication of our alerting and escalation mechanisms
- Help increase system performance with a focus on high availability and scalability
- Help to recruit and hire additional DevOps engineers to expand the team
Desired Skills and Experiences
- 7+ years of professional experience as a DevOps Engineer
- Fluent in Python and Python testing best practices
- Experience working in and advocating for agile environments
- Extensive experience working within AWS and with it’s managed products (EC2, ECS, ECR, R53, SQS, Elasticsearch, RDS, S3 and others)
- Strong experience working with automation tooling (Terraform, Ansible, etc)
- Strong experience with containerization technologies and services (Docker, Compose, ECS, Kubernetes)
- Strong experience with various managed and self-hosted CI/CD tooling (Jenkins, Travis, Drone, Mule, Spinnaker)
- Strong understanding of DNS, SSL, Git, Firewalls and networking concepts (VPC, subnetting, VPNs, etc).
- Experience deploying microservice architecture, applications, and supporting services
- Familiar with software security best practices
- Understanding of monitoring tools (Pagerduty, CloudWatch, Datadog, Sentry, etc)
- Experience working within large-scale decoupled, service-oriented systems a plus
Ideal Candidates will have
- Experience with delivery of a SaaS product
- Strong understanding of micro-services and related architectures
- Knowledge of containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Knowledge of tools like Ansible, Puppet and Jenkins Pipeline
- Knowledge of analytics streaming tools like Kafka, AWS Kinesis
- 18ok-210k Compensation package, Stock Options with a robust 401k offering.
- Generous PTO paid holidays and paid sick leave.
- Excellent Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans.
77 total views, 2 today