Please login/register to apply for this job.
19 Jun 2020
Full-Time Sr Software Engineer- Boston
- Skills and Experience:
- 7+ years of proven development experience
- 5+ years of developing database applications for IBM z/OS mainframe.
- 5+ years developing DB2 Stored procedures on z/OS.
- Ability to analyze and write complex SQL queries.
- Hands on experience using IBM Job Control Language (JCL)
- Experience with queue technologies like MQSeries
- Experience with application servers such as WebSphere
- Experience with at least one modern programming language preferably Java
- Experience with build and deployment tools and techniques
- Experience with or desire to learn agile software development lifecycle.
- Experience with change management processes / tools.
- Experience with team collaboration tools.
- Capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities with little
- Proficiency developing and troubleshooting software systems.
- Clear communications (oral and written) and willing team
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in process to elicit and specify project requirements and define project scope
- Assist in development of software application architecture
- Analyze, design, code, test, debug, maintain, and document software components in accordance with software architecture and software development processes
- Participate in application performance tuning
- Ensure developed applications adhere to Security model / policies
- Lead code review of developed software artifacts
- Ensure that deliverables meet the project requirements, including timely delivery and quality (reliability, performance, and maintainability)
- Provide estimates related to effort, duration, and completion of assigned tasks
- Adhere to and expand/improve processes for change / configuration management
- Find innovative ways to improve quality and productivity
- Provide ongoing technical support for external / internal users of software components
- Participate in the research and evaluation of software development tools and emerging technologies
- Participate and effectively contributes in a team environment, in accordance with Core Values
- Communicate effectively with other technical units as well as business stakeholders to facilitate the development process to ensure the attainment of corporate goals
- Mentor / train less experienced software engineers
- Serve as technical lead within scope of expertise
- Participate in a skills growth path to promote achievement of corporate goals as recommended by the Department Management
- Comply with all applicable and departmental software policies, standards, and practices including all standards relating to Security and Disaster Recovery
642 total views, 1 today