Tech Lead – iOS
PRODUCT, ENGINEERING, AND DESIGN (PDE) – ENGINEERING /
Our live-streaming platform built specifically for a certain community. It’s a place where creators join in with a highly engaged community to talk about what they love–all in real time.
We’re a fun, thoughtful, and passionate and diverse team. Some of our employees are tech veterans coming from Twitch, Facebook, Google and Glossier, lending our team a unique blend of live-streaming, tech, gaming, and beauty expertise. We are a remote-by-design early-stage startup and well funded by some of the top VCs and angel investors, including Sequoia Capital, Cowboy Ventures and Upside Partnership.
We are moving it’s premier experience to iOS. We are looking for a technical leader that can help us create a great experience for our users on iOS: easy to use, a low rate of showstopper bugs, and a code base supportive of quick, iterative development. We plan to build out new features rapidly in the coming months and recognize that means we need a solid base from which to build. You’ll help us make sure we’re both building up that base, and moving our product feature set forward.
What will you do
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to the team as we build an engaging, video-rich iOS app.
- We’ll be leaning on you to guide us through important tradeoffs and decisions as the iOS expert.
- Shape the company culture as an early member of the team. Proactively learn about the beauty and live-streaming industries.
- Building user empathy is important to us.- Work across the Engineering org and company to plan and execute large, cross-functional technical initiatives.
- Participate in the management of project priorities, deliverables, and target dates.
- Review other’s code and designs, providing constructive feedback and maintaining high standards.
- Set best practices for mobile development internally and seek opportunities to improve processes and outcomes.
- Actively lead and participate in the interviewing process as the iOS and Engineering team grows.
- You are excited about building and supporting the growth of high empathy and diverse online communities.
- You are eager to learn and genuinely interested in helping others.
- 4+ years of hands-on iOS development experience.
- Experience building, testing, and shipping iOS apps from scratch using Swift and the core iOS frameworks and libraries.
- Comfortable with asynchronous operations, multithreading, and Grand Central Dispatch.
- You have well-supported opinions about how to build iOS apps and the experiences that helped to build them.
- You can tell a good iOS library from one that is likely to cause trouble.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills; ability to present effectively to a non-technical audience.
- Comfortable and excited about putting on different hats of all shapes and sizes — we’re a small startup!
Nice to Haves
- Familiarity with AVFoundation and experience handling live and recorded audio and video on iOS.
- Familiarity with video and audio live streaming.
- An understanding of the iOS app lifecycle.
- An understanding of the iOS human interface guidelines.
- Experience with automated Q/A testing for mobile platforms.
- A solid foundation in computer science with strong competency in data structures, algorithms, and software design.
Our success in making companies great at hiring depends on our ability to create a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. To that end, we’re committed to attracting, developing, retaining and promoting a diverse workforce, and infusing DE&I throughout all of our internal practices. By ensuring that every person is able to bring a diversity of talents to our work, we’re increasingly capable of living out our mission and providing real value to our community. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and all walks of life to apply. Come grow with us