Full-Time Principal Python Developer – Remote
Do you enjoy working @ a Start up or small company,
You’ll be part of a small team building a leading edge FinTech application that offers individual retail investors the same data science driven analytics used by professional financial advisors.
The product is primarily sold to large financial institutions for use by their retail customers.
Our client is highly profitable, founded and led by a group of MIT PhD’s. They offer excellent employee benefits, including 100% paid health care, and solid work/life balance.
Senior Backend Python/PostgreSQL Engineer
As our Senior Backend Engineer, you will bring your exceptional engineering and security expertise to our ambitious, tight-knit team to drive our financial advice platform forward. If you Enjoy building new products and product features, find deep satisfaction in exactness and thrive when your team can rely on your skilled contributions, this is a great role for you!
As a backend engineer you’ll be:
· Architecting eloquent data schemas in PostgreSQL and Python
· Developing new RESTful API endpoints with unit tests in Python 3
· Writing SQL queries, functions and triggers in PostgreSQL
· Implementing data analysis services in Python and SQL to power dashboard metrics
· Developing integrations with third-party services
· Performing both automated and manual quality assurance testing
· Doing everything you do with a security-first mindset
· Some skills we think you’ll need to succeed in this role:
· Proven ability with Python 3 with an understanding of core asyncio principles
· Expertise in RESTful Web APIs
· Proficient in SQL and able/willing to work directly with PostgreSQL instead of through an ORM
· Understanding of application security, threat models, and threat mitigation techniques
· Familiarity with Docker
· Comfortable working with git and GitHub or GitLab
· Able to understand product objectives and translate them into technical requirements
· Able to work independently and creatively while actively collaborating with front-end developers and product designers
· A knack for solving problems and debugging
· Excellent communication skills
· Required Qualifications
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, mathematics, or equivalent
· 5+ years of operations or development experience in a production SaaS environment
· Demonstrated skill with Python and SQL
· Previous experience with Docker and container orchestration
· Strong understanding of application security in a SaaS environment
Our backend tech stack:
• Python 3 (aiohttp, asyncpg, pytest)
• AWS (CloudFormation, ECS, EC2, RDS, S3, CloudFront)
We are MIT-trained, Ph.D. mathematicians, engineers and data scientists, specializing in quantitative finance, applied analytics, and robust optimization. For over 20 years, our core team has applied our skills to solve real-world problems in the areas of finance, healthcare, and transportation systems. We focus our academic expertise, portfolio management experience, and major advancements in algorithmic models and computational processing to solve the complex challenge of personal financial decision-making. Half the employees are PhD data science folks, the other half are coders
We’re on a mission to democratize financial advice, and we need your help to scale and grow our product.
Can be 100% remote.
- Schedule a phone call with me! https://calendly.com/attain-search
433 total views, 1 today