Full-Time Sr MVS Systems -z/OS
Join us as a Sr. z/OS System Programmer / Architect in our Operating System Support MVS group.
The OSS MVS group (Operating System Support MVS) is responsible for the mainframe z/OS operating system environment and all the mainframe vendor products that are used for supporting both production and test environments. Reporting to the OSS MVS manager, the Sr. z/OS System Programmer / Architect is responsible for maintaining the z/OS environment, which primarily includes: keeping the operating system and program products at their most current level, performance and tuning, debugging and troubleshooting system related issues, and providing technical support to the application development community.
The candidate must have expert knowledge and hands-on experience, working with the latest generation of IBM mainframes, and the more recent releases of the z/OS operating system. The candidate must also provide expert guidance to the application development community and the data center operations staff, in all areas of operating systems functionality, as well as mainframe program products usage.
· z/OS operating system installation and customization using the IBM Serverpac process
· Program product installation and customization
· Performance and tuning activities, which includes monitoring the system activities and making recommendations to the application developers on how to improve the overall performance of their application
· Apply operating system and program product fixes on a regular basis
· Analyze and debug operating system and program product related issues
· Provide technical leadership on best practices for operating system configurations, in areas of resiliency and performance
· Review and update the mainframe disaster recovery procedures as needed, and act as the team lead in the quarterly mainframe BCP recovery test events.
· Ability to interface effectively with all areas affected by major system upgrades (e.g. business users, other infrastructure support groups, and the application development community).
· Excellent interpersonal skills and responsiveness to client need
· Strong organizational, time management and communication (written and oral) skills
Qualifications & Technical Skills:
· Minimum of 10+ years of experience as Sr. z/OS System Programmer, including 5+ years of technical experience in designing and implementing medium to large scale Parallel Sysplex configurations.
· Strong knowledge of z/OS operating system architecture, internals, operations, and recovery scenarios
· Experience in the installation and customization of CA program products, such as: CA-Scheduler, CA-TopSecret, CA-TLMS, and CA-11, is preferred
· Experience with RACF, IBM Z Workload Scheduler, or Content Manager on Demand is a plus.
· Ability to code user exits in either Assembler, REXX, or COBOL
· Experience with mainframe automation tools such as: AutoOperator, OPS/MVS, ori AF/Remote
· Experience with various SNA and TCP/IP networking configurations
· Hands-on experience with I/O configuration definitions using HCD
· Excellent debugging skills and expert knowledge of IPCS
· Must have the ability to write REXX or CLIST routines
· Working experience with major subsystems, such as: CICS, DB2, and MQSeries
· Must be familiar with mainframe performance and tuning best practices, as well as expert knowledge of various monitoring tools, such as: Omegamon/MVS, Omegamon/CICS, RMF, and CMF.
140,000-170,000 USD (Jersey City) plus Bonus 3 days on Site
134 total views, 1 today