Full-Time Network Cloud Infrastructure Automation Engineer-
Our client has a team of leading technology and operational experts with decades of experience in advanced manufacturing, materials, automation, and robotics. They are leaders in scalable additive manufacturing (AM) solutions and pioneered integrated digital production systems. They continuously seek contributors who demonstrate outstanding integrity, intelligence, accountability, and a passion for learning. They celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment. Lead teams or projects and share expertise.
- Analyze internet protocol network design and traffic flows for network optimization. Analyze traffic engineering data to forecast network capacity requirements.
- Automate as much work that makes sense so that we can ensure we deliver products and releases on time and within scope.
- Build an understanding of all aspects of the cloud platform including network ingress, monitoring, alerting, RBAC, and multi-region deployment, participate in solution design for new cloud platform features, open-source technologies, and tool evaluation and selection, create and maintain runbooks and operational procedures to ensure that service availability requirements are achieved!
- Continually improve processes, automation, documentation, monitoring, and security, keep up to date on Kubernetes updates and tools, and plan and execute cloud platform updates.
- Configures routing to efficiently distribute customer traffic.
- Design, implementation, operational support of the company internet protocol network. Develops test and acceptance criteria for internet protocol networks. Provides technical support for internet protocol network problems.
- Directly impact our digital manufacturing experience by creating clean, maintainable, intuitive build and installation solutions using Kubernetes, Docker, and Terraform.
- Ensures that our cloud services—both our internally critical and our externally-visible systems— are optimally deployed and have reliability, uptime appropriate to users’ needs and a fast rate of improvement.
- Follow Engineering design life cycle with proper documentation ensuring that all detailed designs adhere to network standards.
- Implement as required by ITAR compliance and other regulatory requirements — NIST Risk Management Framework, other computer security publications, and implement system security controls following DFARS 252.204-7012 and or NIST SP 800-171 cyber security compliance standards. Integrate knowledge of business and functional priorities with networking and cloud design.
- Keep an ever-watchful eye on our system’s capacity and performance. Much of our software development focuses on optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure, and eliminating work through automation inclusive of full CI/CD.
- Lead designs of major software components, systems, and features to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of our clients’ services. Lead sustainable incident response, blameless postmortems, and production improvements that result in direct business opportunities for our client.
- Manage vendors. Manage individual projects priorities, deadlines, and deliverables. Manage the complex challenges of scale which are unique to our high-volume manufacturing, which generates significant terabytes of sensor/IoT data, while using your expertise in coding, algorithms, complexity analysis and large-scale system design.
- Mentor and train other team members on design techniques and coding standards, and to cultivate innovation and collaboration across multiple teams.
- Provide expert-level technical advice and support for real time analysis, design, testing and operations of internet protocol router networks, etc. Provide guidance to other team members on managing end-to-end availability and performance of mission critical services, on building automation to prevent problem recurrence, and on building automated responses for non-exceptional service conditions. Provide technical leadership and directions as a primary technical resource on internet protocol router network technologies. Provides technical training to technicians and other operations/engineering groups on current and future technology.
- Serve as a primary point person for the overall health, performance, and capacity of our Kubernetes-based cloud platform, evangelize, design, implement and automate security controls, governance processes, and compliance validation, work closely with our DevOps team and other consumers of the platform to develop SLAs and KPI targets.
- Work directly with the engineering teams to assist with technical support within our environment and to develop, write, and ensure that all aspects of the code are tested in an efficient manner.
Qualifications (not all required)
- Significant experience in computing, distributed systems, storage, networking, and cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience programming in at least one of the following languages used to automate infrastructure, scripting OR OOL: Java, Python, Go, Perl, or Ruby, Bash, PowerShell, preference for Python & Go together.
- Experience with Cisco ACI and AWS networking constructs.
- Experience with Linux – RedHat, CentOS & Ubuntu
- Experience with hyperconverged infrastructures (Nutanix), Private Cloud, & Public Clouds (AWS & Azure & GCP)
- Experience with NAS technologies: configuration, permissions, protocols, sync, and backup
- Experience with configuration and implementation of VoIP technologies
- Experience with configuring layer 2/3 network switches, DNS, VPN, and Palo Alto firewalls.
- Experience with Wi-Fi technologies, security, and configuration
- Experience working with manufacturing, aerospace, defense, and medical devices industries.
- Experience architecting, developing, and troubleshooting large scale systems.
- Experience with algorithms and data structures and/or Unix/Linux systems internals (e.g., filesystems, system calls) and administration.
- Experience designing, analyzing, and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Team player with excellent communication skills
- Worked with and implemented automation tools such as Ansible.
- Excited about taking on new challenges in the metal additive manufacturing industry and working in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Familiarity with NIST Risk Management Framework, other computer security publications, and implementing system security controls following DFARS 252.204-7012 and or NIST SP 800-171 cyber security compliance standards.
- Knowledge of client/server environments, Group Policies, Domain Services, Networking, and NIS
- Proven track record from the ground-up IT Infrastructure specification, implementation, administration, and maintenance
- Self-motivated, hands-on, practical mindset, and capable of setting and reaching ambitious goals.
- Previous focus on managing costs and budget preparation, including software and hardware maintenance, supplies inventory, vendor relationship, and licensing.
- Ability to successfully manage many issues/projects at multiple sites simultaneously.
- Strong sense of ownership
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience.
- Burlington and Ayer MA Hybrid
1168 total views, 1 today