Full-Time Senior Software Architect / Domain Architect
Senior Software Architect / Data Architect
Confidential Boston, Massachusetts, United States (Remote)
Senior Software Architect / Domain Architect
Boston, MA / Remote
We are helping transform the world’s energy supply chain by accelerating the
integration of distributed energy resources such as solar, wind, EVs, and energy storage.
We provide pioneering SaaS analytics solutions Our advanced platform combines
predictive analytics, machine learning, configurable business processes, and cloud
computing to deliver a suite of products and services with the flexibility to evolve with the world’s changing energy infrastructure.
You will be responsible for designing architecture solutions to support the business vision, mission, and product roadmap. You are also responsible for aligning architectural solutions with our clients’ business objectives. Ideally, you have a background in the power industry, the cloud, and are comfortable w/ 3rd party integrations. You are comfortable with and understand how to succeed working in a small and nimble company serving the world’s largest utility companies. You are also a doer and will be excited to accelerate our software architecture to enable rapid growth through an architecture that enables parallel product and feature development and is optimized for rapid deployment with little to no coding.
We are looking for people who are adaptable, open to providing and receiving feedback, and excited by the opportunity to build amazing products that enable the renewable power transition.
● Technical Product Architecture: Develop and continue evolving cloud-first
and cloud-native architecture with the highest quality possible, on time, and on budget,
using the latest technology stack and process (agile) and architecture frameworks to
achieve scale and performance
● Process: Implement, and advocate Lean Software Architecture principles. Driving
architecture rigor by applying industry best practices and processes enterprise-wide.
Advance our architecture culture, so every team member cares about the architecture’s
quality, performance, scalability, and security
● Engineering productivity: Ensure the architecture enables the engineering organization
to maximize engineers’ productivity through a modularized architecture paradigm suited
for parallel development
● Advance product innovation: Work on advancing the product portfolio through the
innovative architecture that is achieved through engineering best practices alongside the
Solutions and Innovation engineering team(s) to ensure solutions are
conceived, developed to bring high-value solutions to market
● Technical Know-how: Develop, maintain, and evangelize the architectural vision while
incrementally driving technical architecture delivery. Disseminate your technology
learning to the rest of the team
● Leadership: Coach, mentor, and educate junior and sr. engineers
● Has been an architecture practitioner for at least 5 years
● 5+ years of experience in software architecture with expertise in rapid architecture
● Strong experience applying a data-driven approach to architecture w/ deep
understanding of non-functional requirements gathering and implementation
● Proven track record of design and delivery of secure, scalable, high-quality solutions
● Comfortable with engaging in vendor selection, POCs and guiding implementation
● Strong knowledge of AWS ecosystem w/ demonstrable experience including data
engineering, SaaS, databases, APIs, SOA, microservices, reporting software
● Understanding of the role of architecture in the agile development process alongside
devops and continuous engineering processes
● Comfortable engaging with clients and internal stakeholders in the practice of use case development
● Understanding of cloud and data security
● Excellent communication and presentation skills
● Experience w/ Okta and Auth0 a plus.
● Experience in software architecture within the Energy analytics space
● Understanding of Power Engineering and Power Grid technologies
#2 Looking for a Data Engineer/Architect 8-10+ years experience
Combination of NoSQL and Good understanding of JSON MySQL performance tuning The big ask is data integration technology Energy client will be replacing their integration mechanisms and looking at products like Informatica, Talend, Data Bricks
This person is going to be the all things data point person and be knowledgeable enough to help make these decisions.
This person should be a data modeler.. someone who does data flow, data movement, and understands data mapping.. This is an engineer who is focused on the data layer. They are looking at the flattening JSON. i.e. If they connected an analytics tool like tableau to an OLTP system. This person will be building out and maintaining the data connection paradigm for the company and will help them build data movement tooling and data validation tooling ( It’s ETL tooling) This person will be supported by other engineers but should be comfortable being the go to data person at the company. Must have AWS experience or be cloud agnostic but must understand AWS. MySQL RDS vs. MySqL Aurora.. should understand the differences. And understand Data Security Longer term, they will be building multi tenant systems so an understanding of multi tenancy would be a plus. Python is a must This is a remote hire Remotely, they prefer EST or CST. This person can work 10-6 EST and will be attending meetings at 9 AM. Must be authorized to work in the US. No H1 Sponsorship.
Looking for skill in index concepts, big data concepts, and some deeper understanding of database dynamics. Development, QA, DevOps, Scrum client is uploading all forms of energy into the power grid including wind and solar and offers a product that manages the entire end to end connection and lifecycle and provides analytics. They are the only product on the market that provides the analytics. On the back-end, there is a lot of information to be managed including multiple databases etc. and grid analytics.
What’s the difference between a physical data model and a logical data model When does it make sense to store JSON How do you identify a badly structure query What’s the difference between ELT and ETL?
Compensation & Benefits:
Compensation will be a mix of salary, bonus, and equity options and will be commensurate with experience. Benefits include but are
not limited to:
● Comprehensive health plan
● Generous vacation plan
● Matching 401k
418 total views, 1 today